The North Coast and Northern Highlands Restaurants
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
The North Coast and Northern Highlands Restaurant Reviews
The north coast has excellent seafood, while simpler, but equally delicious, meat-and-rice dishes are more common in the highlands. Some of Trujillo and Chiclayo's fancier restaurants expect you to dress up for dinner, but most spots along the coast are quite casual. Depending on the restaurant, the bill may include a 10% service charge; if not, a 10% tip is appropriate. Throughout the region, almuerzo (lunch) is the most important meal of the day. It's eaten around 2 pm. Cena (dinner) is normally a lighter meal.
Browse The North Coast and Northern Highlands Restaurants
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's