- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Sit on the beach, go for a swim, and relax in the afternoon sun—just what you want from a beach resort. That's probably why Punta Sal has become a popular vacation spot in recent years. A few kilometers north of the Pan-American Highway, hotels and resorts abound in this area, tourists and vacationing Limeños flock here for the blond-sand beach, comfortable ocean breezes, and sunny climate.
Elsewhere in The North Coast and Northern Highlands
- Chavín de Huántar
- Lagunas de Llanganuco
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's