- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Getting Here and Around
Most travelers come to Huaraz on an eight-hour bus ride from Lima, though the small airline LC Peru has several flights per week to the area's small airport in Anta, 32 km north of town. Getting around the city is quite easy, as it is small enough to walk almost anywhere. Or, if you've just arrived and are feeling a little breathless from the altitude, take a taxi for S/5. To enjoy any of the nearby treks and sights, hire a guide, as it's not safe to go alone.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's