- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
There's good rafting on the Río Santa with Class 3 and 4 rapids. The freezing cold glacial river water brings heart-pumping rapids. The most-often-run stretch of river is between Jangas and Caraz. The river can be run year-round, but is at its best during the wettest months of the rainy season, between December and April. Be prepared with the right equipment; the river is cold enough to cause serious hyperthermia.
Monttrek. One of the best rafting outfitters in Huaraz, the company also has friendly and experienced guides for trekking and mountaineering. Av. Luzuriaga 646, upstairs, Huaraz. 043/421-124. www.monttrek.com.pe.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's