The North Coast and Northern Highlands Hotels
The North Coast and Northern Highlands Hotel Reviews
Cities along the north coast, especially Trujillo and Chiclayo, have a wide range of lodgings, including large business hotels and converted colonial mansions. The latter, usually called casonas, offer personalized service not found in the larger hotels. In smaller towns, such as Yungay and Caraz, there are no luxury lodgings, but you'll have no problem finding a clean and comfortable room. The highlands have excellent lodges with horse stables and hot springs; you can also find family-run inns with basic rooms. Assume that hotels do not have air-conditioning unless otherwise indicated.
Finding a hotel room throughout the coastal and highlands areas ought to be painless throughout the year, although coastal resorts like Máncora and Punta Sal are often jammed in summer and holiday weeks. Sports enthusiasts head to Huaraz and Cajamarca in summer, so make reservations early. Plan at least two months in advance if you want to travel during Easter week or Christmas, when Peruvians take their holidays.
Browse The North Coast and Northern Highlands Hotels
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's