- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Sports and the Outdoors
Pimentel. The closest beach to Chiclayo is this small port town, 14 km (8½ miles) west of the city. Access via taxi should cost about S/20 each way. Although the beach is not so attractive and the century old curved pier is now closed to the public, there are many other enjoyable sights along the beach, including a small fleet of caballitos de totora and a lively boardwalk lined with restaurants. Walk along and observe the old colonial beach houses, the naval officers in white outside the maritime station, and an excessive number of young Peruvian couples walking hand in hand. Amenities: food and drink. Best for: swimming, surfing, sunset. 14 km west of Chiclayo, Pimentel.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's