- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Recreo El Falcon
Recreo El Falcon Review
Perched on the banks of the Huallaga River, this family-style restaurant offers the best of Huánuco cooking, including specialties like gallina con locro (chicken soup), pachamanca (herb-roasted pork with potatoes), and fresh river trout. Come at lunch and lounge on the open-air terrace while you enjoy the view and live music. Dishes are huge, so be prepared to share.
- Address: 2 de Mayo 190, Huánuco,
- Phone: 062/513-272
- Location: Huancayo
- Reservations not accepted.
- No dinner.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1849 & up -- Machu Picchu: 8-Nt. Trek w/Inca Trail Hiking LatinEscapes.com
- $1709 & up -- Peru 6-Nts. w/Machu Picchu, Lima & Cusco Tours — $1,709 LatinEscapes.com
We went to Peru April 20-30 and really enjoyed our time there—the food, scenery, sights, and people all make the country an exceptional place to visit.
Peru Star Hotel- nice rooms and location, Read more
The history of our marriage is as unique as our honeymoon. Read more
· News & Features
You've heard of Lake Como (thanks to George's exploits), but halfway between Milan and Venice lies Italy's... Read more
Need we say more?... Read more
On the tip of Mexico's Baja Peninsula, sun-drenched Los Cabos draws in everyone from honeymooners and... Read more