- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Hotel Plaza Ayacucho
At a Glance
- some rooms overlook Plaza de Armas
- the place to stay for Semana Santa
- room quality varies and rooms are in need of refreshing
- stuffy atmosphere
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel Plaza Ayacucho Review
The city's most expensive hotel is in a gracious colonial building partly overlooking the Plaza de Armas. Spacious gardens and opulent sitting areas belie the modest rooms with worn carpet and nicked modern furnishings. The best (and quietest) accommodations are on the second floor, where there's a view of the terra-cotta roofs and the courtyard. You can request a balcony over the plaza, but beware the ever-present commotion outside—especially on Sunday and during festivals.
- Address: Jr. 9 de Diciembre 184, Ayacucho
- Phone: 066/312–202
- Location: Ayacucho
- 69 rooms.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Peru - August 24 to Sept 15
As always, I am so grateful for the reports, advice, and wealth of knowledge available
on this forum when I start my trip planning. Read more
The goals of this year’s South American safari were good weather and jaguar in the Pantanal and to explore ‘wild’ Peru in Manu, Tambopata and Chaparri Reserve. Read more
New to the site, just researching info for my first ever trip to South America...exciting!!
I was just wondering if anybody had come across or has maybe even taken a bus with a company called Read more
· News & Features
With Art Basel Miami now in town, it's prime time to consider the 7 reasons why you should be taking a... Read more
New York City offers irresistible retail therapy during the holiday season.... Read more
Next year, crazed soccer fans the world will descend upon Brazil, host of the 2014 World Cup.... Read more