- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Hotel Plaza Ayacucho
At a Glance
- some rooms overlook Plaza de Armas
- the place to stay for Semana Santa
- room quality varies and rooms are in need of refreshing
- stuffy atmosphere
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel Plaza Ayacucho Review
The city's most expensive hotel is in a gracious colonial building partly overlooking the Plaza de Armas. Spacious gardens and opulent sitting areas belie the modest rooms with worn carpet and nicked modern furnishings. The best (and quietest) accommodations are on the second floor, where there's a view of the terra-cotta roofs and the courtyard. You can request a balcony over the plaza, but beware the ever-present commotion outside—especially on Sunday and during festivals.
- Address: Jr. 9 de Diciembre 184, Ayacucho
- Phone: 066/312–202
- Location: Ayacucho
- 69 rooms.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This is a continuation of my report on the Argentina forum, Salta.
Below is a cut and paste from my blog, edited with details of costs and names of hotels for people who may be interested.
Its a long Read more
I was planning this trip for a very long time. Read more
Trip planning is coming along and now am trying to pin down timeline and hoping those of you who have done the same will give more advice. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more