- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Check Rates from our Partners
Los Portales Review
By far the most luxurious hotel in town, this recently renovated colonial-style mansion surrounded by gardens offers more warmth than grandeur. Rooms, which have Wi-Fi and flat-screen TVs as well as private baths with hot water, are decorated with a mix of real and reproduction antiques that complement the elegant architecture. The friendly staff is very helpful with advice for regional sightseeing. Visit on the weekend to avoid the business crowds. Pros: historic charm; friendly staff; loads of amenities. Cons filled during the week with business travelers.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
The last leg of an eight month rtw which started in Japan, Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, Germany and Austria...details about our other legs are at www.greenleycoffeebreak.com.
We flew from Munich, Read more
This is a continuation of my report on the Argentina forum, Salta.
Below is a cut and paste from my blog, edited with details of costs and names of hotels for people who may be interested.
Its a long Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors editor gives advice on how to travel by rail... Read more
Pack light and still look great on your next camping trip with these 10 low-maintenance beauty products.... Read more
Castles, lakeside resorts, bang-for-your-buck Hawaii finds, and dazzling hotel gardens—it's... Read more