- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
La Colmena Hotel
At a Glance
- great regional restaurant
- close to Plaza de Armas
- lively atmosphere
- all-day hot water
- some rooms lack light
- other rooms are noisy
Check Rates from our Partners
La Colmena Hotel Review
Though the rooms are small, the quiet and pleasant courtyard makes this one of the city's most popular budget options. All rooms have bathrooms and basic decor, with plain furniture and local art adding a touch of flavor. Hot water runs all day thanks to a gas heater, a luxury in Ayacucho. Rooms in the back tend to be dingy and lack light, so try for the ones facing the street if you can bear the noise.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This is a continuation of my report on the Argentina forum, Salta.
Below is a cut and paste from my blog, edited with details of costs and names of hotels for people who may be interested.
Its a long Read more
I was planning this trip for a very long time. Read more
Trip planning is coming along and now am trying to pin down timeline and hoping those of you who have done the same will give more advice. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more