Sights & Attractions in The Amazon Basin
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Things to Do in Iquitos
Casa de Fierro
The most interesting structure on the Plaza de Armas is this "Iron...
Centro de Rescate Amazónico
At this animal rescue center, a short trip south of town, you...
|Zoos / Aquariums||Iquitos|
Distrito de Belén
Iquitos's most fascinating neighborhood lies along the Itaya...
|Markets / Bazaars, Neighborhoods / Streets||Iquitos|
Iquitos enjoyed its heyday as a port during the rubber boom a...
Malecón Tarapacá (aka Malecón Maldonado)
During high-water season, this pleasant waterfront walk between...
|Promenades / Boardwalks||Iquitos|
This museum is dedicated to the region's rich indigenous culture...
|Museums / Galleries||Iquitos|
Port Bellavista Nanay
About 3 km (1½ mi) north of downtown Iquitos, at the end of Avenida...
Browse All The Amazon Basin Sights
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's