- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
At a Glance
- easy to reach
- comfortable, screened rooms
- near Lago Sandoval
- competitively priced
- less natural experience than at other lodges
Check Rates from our Partners
Hacienda Concepción Review
Owned by Inkaterra, Hacienda Concepción is a good option for travelers who want to experience the rain forest in comfort or are short on time. Occupying the site of a 19th-century hacienda, it's set inside an 809-hectare (2,000-acre) private nature reserve with a small lake and plenty of wildlife. Accommodations are stylish by Amazonian standards. Guest rooms are removed from the jungle, sharing the main lodge with the restaurant and bar. Spacious, thatched bungalows have screened walls and a sitting area with a hammock. Those in front (13–15) overlook a seasonal branch of the lake; those in back view the bungalows in front. They're all close enough to hear your neighbors. Rates include transportation, buffet meals, and guided tours to places like Lago Sandoval and the Reserva Amazonica Canopy Walkway.
- Address: 8 kim (5 miles) east of, Puerto Maldonado
- Phone: 800/442–5042 Toll free in U.S. & Canada; 808/101–2224 Toll free in UK; 1/422–6574 in Peru
- Website: www.byinkaterra.com/hacienda-concepcion/
- Location: Tambopata National Reserve and Bahuaja-Sonene National Park
- 8 rooms, 12 bungalows.
- Rate includes all meals.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
The last leg of an eight month rtw which started in Japan, Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, Germany and Austria...details about our other legs are at www.greenleycoffeebreak.com.
We flew from Munich, Read more
This is a continuation of my report on the Argentina forum, Salta.
Below is a cut and paste from my blog, edited with details of costs and names of hotels for people who may be interested.
Its a long Read more
I have a knee that was injured years ago and replaced, but I still have trouble on ups and downs. Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more