- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
At a Glance
- lovely building
- spacious rooms
- friendly staff
- restoration could be better
Casa Morey Review
Built by rubber baron Luis Morey in 1913, this restored mansion is Iquitos's only historic hotel. High ceilings, colorful tile floors, and antique prints and photos evoke the turn of the century, when Iquitos was one of the world's main rubber suppliers. Four rooms upstairs have views of Plaza Ramón Castilla and the Itaya River, though they're also subject to street light and some night noise. Interior rooms are quieter but darker. All are suite-size, with separate sitting area, air-conditioning, and Wi-Fi. The hotel, situated a few blocks north of the Plaza de Armas and Malecón, has a small pool in the courtyard. Inside you'll find a library, an elegant lobby, and an adjacent dining room where complimentary breakfast is served. Casa Morey is part of a restoration project that includes several historic riverboats and a soon-to-open museum.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Peru - August 24 to Sept 15
As always, I am so grateful for the reports, advice, and wealth of knowledge available
on this forum when I start my trip planning. Read more
The goals of this year’s South American safari were good weather and jaguar in the Pantanal and to explore ‘wild’ Peru in Manu, Tambopata and Chaparri Reserve. Read more
I would really appreciate opinions on the hike of Huayna Picchu vs Machu Picchu Mountain (the old peak - not the citadel, not the sun gate).
In my research I'm getting conflicting info.
Everyone Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more