- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Burgos's Restaurant Review
This funky thatch-roofed restaurant has one of Puerto Maldonado's best kitchens, serving up regional dishes and original recipes based on local ingredients. The ambience is appropriately Amazonian, with indigenous art on the walls. Tables in back have great views of the Tambopata River and jungle by day. Start off with a maracuya sour (a cocktail made with passion fruit and pisco) and some yucca con salsa hancaina (fried cassava sticks with a spicy cheese sauce). Then sink your teeth into pollo con salsa de castaña (chicken in a Brazil-nut sauce), pescado con salsa de cocona, fish fillet in a forest-fruit sauce, or lomo (grilled tenderloin) with fried plantain balls and ensalada de palmito (heart of palm salad).
- Address: Av. 26 de Diciembre 195, Puerto Maldonado
- Phone: 82/502–373
- Location: Puerto Maldonado
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This is a continuation of my report on the Argentina forum, Salta.
Below is a cut and paste from my blog, edited with details of costs and names of hotels for people who may be interested.
Its a long Read more
I was planning this trip for a very long time. Read more
Hello, plans continue for our retirement trip to S.A.
Leaving September 20 and heading back 3-4 months later.
We fly into Lima and wonder if we should stay in Lima for our week of Spanish lessons o Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more