- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Burgos's Restaurant Review
This funky thatch-roofed restaurant has one of Puerto Maldonado's best kitchens, serving up regional dishes and original recipes based on local ingredients. The ambience is appropriately Amazonian, with indigenous art on the walls. Tables in back have great views of the Tambopata River and jungle by day. Start off with a maracuya sour (a cocktail made with passion fruit and pisco) and some yucca con salsa hancaina (fried cassava sticks with a spicy cheese sauce). Then sink your teeth into pollo con salsa de castaña (chicken in a Brazil-nut sauce), pescado con salsa de cocona, fish fillet in a forest-fruit sauce, or lomo (grilled tenderloin) with fried plantain balls and ensalada de palmito (heart of palm salad).
- Address: Av. 26 de Diciembre 195, Puerto Maldonado
- Phone: 82/502–373
- Location: Puerto Maldonado
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
The last leg of an eight month rtw which started in Japan, Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, Germany and Austria...details about our other legs are at www.greenleycoffeebreak.com.
We flew from Munich, Read more
This is a continuation of my report on the Argentina forum, Salta.
Below is a cut and paste from my blog, edited with details of costs and names of hotels for people who may be interested.
Its a long Read more
Heading for lovely Peru in April and looking for suggestions for the confusing Cusco area. Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more