- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Wasaí Tambopata Lodge
At a Glance
- gorgeous forest
- comfortable bungalows
- great excursions
- original rooms time-worn and not very private
Check Rates from our Partners
Wasaí Tambopata Lodge Review
This pleasant spot, set deep in the wilderness (it's about a three-hour boat ride up the Tambopata River from Puerto Maldonado), offers comfortable lodgings and lots of wildlife. It's 3,000-hectare (7,400-acre) private nature reserve is traversed by 15 km (9 miles) of trails. There's a platform in the canopy of a kapok tree and kayaks for paddling the Tambopata. The best excursion is an early morning trip to Collpa Chuncho, a clay lick that lures hundreds of macaws and parrots each day. Accommmodations are in older quadruplex rooms (all have tile bathrooms and big porches, some have river views) or freestanding bungalows, which have screened windows, electricity at night, hot water, and porches with hammocks. Because the latter provide more privacy than most accommodations in the area, they are worth the extra charge.
- Address: Tambopata River, 100 km (62 miles) southwest of, Puerto Maldonado
- Phone: 1/436–8792
- Website: www.wasai.com
- Location: Tambopata National Reserve and Bahuaja-Sonene National Park
- 19 cabins.
- Rate includes all meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This is a continuation of my report on the Argentina forum, Salta.
Below is a cut and paste from my blog, edited with details of costs and names of hotels for people who may be interested.
Its a long Read more
I was planning this trip for a very long time. Read more
Hello, plans continue for our retirement trip to S.A.
Leaving September 20 and heading back 3-4 months later.
We fly into Lima and wonder if we should stay in Lima for our week of Spanish lessons o Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more