- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Wasaí Tambopata Lodge
At a Glance
- gorgeous forest
- comfortable bungalows
- great excursions
- original rooms time-worn and not very private
Check Rates from our Partners
Wasaí Tambopata Lodge Review
This pleasant spot, set deep in the wilderness (it's about a three-hour boat ride up the Tambopata River from Puerto Maldonado), offers comfortable lodgings and lots of wildlife. It's 3,000-hectare (7,400-acre) private nature reserve is traversed by 15 km (9 miles) of trails. There's a platform in the canopy of a kapok tree and kayaks for paddling the Tambopata. The best excursion is an early morning trip to Collpa Chuncho, a clay lick that lures hundreds of macaws and parrots each day. Accommmodations are in older quadruplex rooms (all have tile bathrooms and big porches, some have river views) or freestanding bungalows, which have screened windows, electricity at night, hot water, and porches with hammocks. Because the latter provide more privacy than most accommodations in the area, they are worth the extra charge.
- Address: Tambopata River, 100 km (62 miles) southwest of, Puerto Maldonado
- Phone: 1/436–8792
- Website: www.wasai.com
- Location: Tambopata National Reserve and Bahuaja-Sonene National Park
- 19 cabins.
- Rate includes all meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
The last leg of an eight month rtw which started in Japan, Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, Germany and Austria...details about our other legs are at www.greenleycoffeebreak.com.
We flew from Munich, Read more
This is a continuation of my report on the Argentina forum, Salta.
Below is a cut and paste from my blog, edited with details of costs and names of hotels for people who may be interested.
Its a long Read more
Heading for lovely Peru in April and looking for suggestions for the confusing Cusco area. Read more
· News & Features
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more