- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Reserva Nacional Allpahuayo Mishana
Reserva Nacional Allpahuayo Mishana Review
Around Iquitos there are large tracts of virgin rain forest and several reserves worth visiting. Allpahuayo Mishana is the easiest protected area to get to, just 25 km (15 mi) southwest of Iquitos by road. One of the country's smallest and newest reserves, it is not a great place to see large animals, but it is an excellent destination for bird watchers. Scientists have identified 475 bird species in the reserve, including such avian rarities as the pompadour cotinga and Zimmer's antbird. It is also home to several endangered monkey species.
- Address: Km 25 Carretera Iquitos-Nauta,
- Phone: No phone
- Cost: Free
- Hours: Daily 6–6
- Location: The Peruvian Amazon
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
The last leg of an eight month rtw which started in Japan, Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, Germany and Austria...details about our other legs are at www.greenleycoffeebreak.com.
We flew from Munich, Read more
This is a continuation of my report on the Argentina forum, Salta.
Below is a cut and paste from my blog, edited with details of costs and names of hotels for people who may be interested.
Its a long Read more
I have a knee that was injured years ago and replaced, but I still have trouble on ups and downs. Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more