- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Al Frío y al Fuego
Al Frío y al Fuego Review
Step through the unassuming doorway on Avenida La Marina, descend the long stairway to the dock, and a boat will ferry you to this floating restaurant. At first glance, the thatched structure on a balsa-log raft belies the fine service and excellent Peruvian fusion cuisine that await you. The menu offers innovations on traditional dishes using local ingredients, from tiradito (marinated fish strips) in a cocona (jungle fruit) sauce to pescado a la Loretana, a tender filet of doncella (a river fish) in a sweet chili cream sauce served with chonta (shredded palm heart) and tacacho (fried plantain-and-pork dumplings). If fish isn't your thing, try the steak with cassava gnocchi and onion marmalade. The restaurant's floating swimming pool is a great place to spend an afternoon (bring a bathing suit and towel), whereas the view of the city lights makes it equally appealing at night.
- Address: Av. La Marina 134-B, next to "Embarcadero El Huequito" Iquitos
- Phone: 965–607–474
- Location: Iquitos
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Mon. No dinner Sun.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This is a continuation of my report on the Argentina forum, Salta.
Below is a cut and paste from my blog, edited with details of costs and names of hotels for people who may be interested.
Its a long Read more
I was planning this trip for a very long time. Read more
Trip planning is coming along and now am trying to pin down timeline and hoping those of you who have done the same will give more advice. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more