- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Amazon Yarapa River Lodge
At a Glance
- in the jungle
- good guides
- good food
Amazon Yarapa River Lodge Review
With solar power, a composting program, even a biology lab used by Cornell University, this place is at the forefront of sustainable tourism. The lodge, built from native wood by local Indians, has some great communal spaces, including a thatch-capped restaurant. Guest rooms are standard issue (read: basic) but comfortable. Some have private bathrooms (cold water only), others have shared baths; the former are better all around. The lodge is a three- to four- hour boat journey upriver from Iquitos and can only be visited on four- or seven-day tours.
- Address: Yarapa River, 150 km (93 mi) southwest of, Iquitos
- Phone: 65/223–320; 965–931–172; 315/952–6760 in U.S.
- Website: www.yarapa.com
- Location: The Peruvian Amazon
- 16 rooms with shared bath, 8 rooms with private bath.
- Rate includes all meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Peru - August 24 to Sept 15
As always, I am so grateful for the reports, advice, and wealth of knowledge available
on this forum when I start my trip planning. Read more
The goals of this year’s South American safari were good weather and jaguar in the Pantanal and to explore ‘wild’ Peru in Manu, Tambopata and Chaparri Reserve. Read more
New to the site, just researching info for my first ever trip to South America...exciting!!
I was just wondering if anybody had come across or has maybe even taken a bus with a company called Read more
· News & Features
With Art Basel Miami now in town, it's prime time to consider the 7 reasons why you should be taking a... Read more
New York City offers irresistible retail therapy during the holiday season.... Read more
Next year, crazed soccer fans the world will descend upon Brazil, host of the 2014 World Cup.... Read more