- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Amazon Yarapa River Lodge
At a Glance
- in the jungle
- good guides
- good food
Check Rates from our Partners
Amazon Yarapa River Lodge Review
With solar power, a composting program, even a biology lab used by Cornell University, this place is at the forefront of sustainable tourism. The lodge, built from native wood by local Indians, has some great communal spaces, including a thatch-capped restaurant. Guest rooms are standard issue (read: basic) but comfortable. Some have private bathrooms (cold water only), others have shared baths; the former are better all around. The lodge is a three- to four- hour boat journey upriver from Iquitos and can only be visited on four- or seven-day tours.
- Address: Yarapa River, 150 km (93 mi) southwest of, Iquitos
- Phone: 65/223–320; 965–931–172; 315/952–6760 in U.S.
- Website: www.yarapa.com
- Location: The Peruvian Amazon
- 16 rooms with shared bath, 8 rooms with private bath.
- Rate includes all meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This is a continuation of my report on the Argentina forum, Salta.
Below is a cut and paste from my blog, edited with details of costs and names of hotels for people who may be interested.
Its a long Read more
I was planning this trip for a very long time. Read more
I'm aware many people have had problems trying to buy tickets to Machu Picchu on the government web site http://www.machupicchu.gob.pe/ including me.
Starting last weekend I made several attempts. At firs Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more