- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
At a Glance
- lot's of wildlife
- excellent service
- great excursions
- lodge benefits local people
- noise from neighboring guest rooms
Check Rates from our Partners
Posada Amazonas Review
Since this open-air lodge is surrounded by forest, you may spot birds and monkeys right from your room or the restaurant. Guest rooms are in long buildings with high, thatched roofs, and wide, screenless windows; mosquito nets protect sleepers from whatever might fly in. Unfortunately, cane walls that don't reach the roof mean limited privacy. Kerosene lanterns provide light at night; electricity is available in common areas to recharge batteries. The lodge, jointly owned by Rainforest Editions and the Ese'eja Indian community of Infierno, offers excellent activities like nature walks in a 6,000-hectare (14,820-acre) nature reserve, boat tours of Lago Tres Chimbadas, and medicinal plant tours led by an Ese'eja shaman. Packages include transportation from Puerto Maldonado (two hours), buffet meals, and excursions. The minimum stay is two nights.
- Address: Tambopata River, 40 km (25 mi) southwest of, Puerto Maldonado
- Phone: 1/719–6422; 9935–12265; 877/231–9251 in U.S.
- Website: www.perunature.com
- Location: Tambopata National Reserve and Bahuaja-Sonene National Park
- 30 rooms.
- Rate includes all meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
The last leg of an eight month rtw which started in Japan, Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, Germany and Austria...details about our other legs are at www.greenleycoffeebreak.com.
We flew from Munich, Read more
This is a continuation of my report on the Argentina forum, Salta.
Below is a cut and paste from my blog, edited with details of costs and names of hotels for people who may be interested.
Its a long Read more
Heading for lovely Peru in April and looking for suggestions for the confusing Cusco area. Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more