- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
At a Glance
- lot's of wildlife
- excellent service
- great excursions
- lodge benefits local people
- noise from neighboring guest rooms
Posada Amazonas Review
Since this open-air lodge is surrounded by forest, you may spot birds and monkeys right from your room or the restaurant. Guest rooms are in long buildings with high, thatched roofs, and wide, screenless windows; mosquito nets protect sleepers from whatever might fly in. Unfortunately, cane walls that don't reach the roof mean limited privacy. Kerosene lanterns provide light at night; electricity is available in common areas to recharge batteries. The lodge, jointly owned by Rainforest Editions and the Ese'eja Indian community of Infierno, offers excellent activities like nature walks in a 6,000-hectare (14,820-acre) nature reserve, boat tours of Lago Tres Chimbadas, and medicinal plant tours led by an Ese'eja shaman. Packages include transportation from Puerto Maldonado (two hours), buffet meals, and excursions. The minimum stay is two nights.
- Address: Tambopata River, 40 km (25 mi) southwest of, Puerto Maldonado
- Phone: 1/719–6422; 9935–12265; 877/231–9251 in U.S.
- Website: www.perunature.com
- Location: Tambopata National Reserve and Bahuaja-Sonene National Park
- 30 rooms.
- Rate includes all meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Peru - August 24 to Sept 15
As always, I am so grateful for the reports, advice, and wealth of knowledge available
on this forum when I start my trip planning. Read more
The goals of this year’s South American safari were good weather and jaguar in the Pantanal and to explore ‘wild’ Peru in Manu, Tambopata and Chaparri Reserve. Read more
New to the site, just researching info for my first ever trip to South America...exciting!!
I was just wondering if anybody had come across or has maybe even taken a bus with a company called Read more
· News & Features
From milk and cookies to a full-on Christmas tree (with the option to decorate it yourself), hotels are... Read more
As 2013 comes to a close, there's no slowing down for the Bay Area's restaurant scene.... Read more
Visit the mysterious Land of the Golden Pagodas—Myanmar—with AmaWaterways, starting in Novembe... Read more