- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
At a Glance
- easy to get to
- excursions included in rates
- environmentally friendly
- bungalows are close enough to hear neighbors
- engine noise from the river annoying
Check Rates from our Partners
Reserva Amazónica Review
A 30-minute boat ride down the Madre de Dios River from Puerto Maldonado, this is the region's fanciest and most expensive lodge. The massive thatched restaurant and airy bungalows, set amid trees near the river, define "jungle chic." Buildings are screened in and have ceiling fans—details most jungle lodges lack. Its 17,000 hectare (42,000-acre) private nature reserve is traversed by trails and features a canopy walkway with suspension bridges strung between treetop platforms. The property is home to jungle rodents called agoutis, several species of monkeys, and an array of birds; but you won't see as much wildlife here as at other lodges. The half-day trip to nearby Lago Sandoval is highly recommended. Dinners complete the jungle experience with amazing regional cuisine.
- Address: Km 15, Madre de Dios River, Puerto Maldonado
- Phone: 1/610–0400; 855/409–1456 in U.S.; (0) 808/101–2224 in U.K.
- Website: www.inkaterra.com
- Location: Tambopata National Reserve and Bahuaja-Sonene National Park
- 33 rooms, 2 suites.
- Rate includes all meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
The last leg of an eight month rtw which started in Japan, Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, Germany and Austria...details about our other legs are at www.greenleycoffeebreak.com.
We flew from Munich, Read more
This is a continuation of my report on the Argentina forum, Salta.
Below is a cut and paste from my blog, edited with details of costs and names of hotels for people who may be interested.
Its a long Read more
Need opinions about a very basic question: Do we need a tour/guide in Peru?
Background information: We're a couple in our mid-40s, not particularly fit, but we do OK in most situations. We are extensively Read more
· News & Features
Navigate the chaotic street food scene of Ho Chi Minh City like a pro with our quick guide to no-fuss ... Read more
Come for the beautiful architecture and stay for the vibrant local culture.... Read more
A look at ultra-luxurious airline accomodations and a fascinating visual breakdown of literary storytelling are... Read more