- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
At a Glance
- knowledgeable guides
- in the Tambopata Reserve
- responsible tourism
- basic meals
Check Rates from our Partners
Explorer's Inn Review
Founded in 1975, this lodge on the Tambopata River was one of the country's ecotourism pioneers, and dozens of biological studies have been completed in its forest. It accommodates tourists and visiting scientists alike in thatched-roof bungalows, and the selling point here is exposure to nature rather than comfort. It is one of the few lodges inside the Tambopata National Reserve, which can be explored on 30 km (18½ mi) of trails. Moreover, it offers exclusive access to the oxbow lake of Cocococha, which is home to giant otters, agami herons, and other rare species. The abundant wildlife provides ample reward for travelers willing to rough it. The minimum stay is three days/two nights.
- Address: Tambopata River, 58 km (36 mi) southwest of, Puerto Maldonado
- Phone: 1/447–8888
- Website: www.explorersinn.com
- Location: Tambopata National Reserve and Bahuaja-Sonene National Park
- 30 rooms.
- Rate includes all meals.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
The last leg of an eight month rtw which started in Japan, Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, Germany and Austria...details about our other legs are at www.greenleycoffeebreak.com.
We flew from Munich, Read more
This is a continuation of my report on the Argentina forum, Salta.
Below is a cut and paste from my blog, edited with details of costs and names of hotels for people who may be interested.
Its a long Read more
Need opinions about a very basic question: Do we need a tour/guide in Peru?
Background information: We're a couple in our mid-40s, not particularly fit, but we do OK in most situations. We are extensively Read more
· News & Features
Navigate the chaotic street food scene of Ho Chi Minh City like a pro with our quick guide to no-fuss ... Read more
Come for the beautiful architecture and stay for the vibrant local culture.... Read more
A look at ultra-luxurious airline accomodations and a fascinating visual breakdown of literary storytelling are... Read more