- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
At a Glance
- nice rooms
- good programs
- less wildlife than other lodges
Check Rates from our Partners
Tambopata Ecolodge Review
This lodge, about four hours south of Puerto Maldonado on the Tambopata River, has some of the region's most comfortable accommodations. Standard rooms in thatched duplexes lack electricity, but do have solar-powered hot water. Free-standing bungalow suites have electricity and offer much more privacy. All rooms have screened windows, mosquito nets, and porches with comfy hammocks in which to curl up at the end of a day of sightseeing on the lodge's 25 km (15½ mi) of trails. The minimum stay is two nights, and meals, guides, and daily excursions are included in the rate.
- Address: Tambopata River, 70 km (44 mi) southwest of, Puerto Maldonado | Map It
- Phone: 82/571–397
- Website: www.tambopatalodge.com
- Location: Tambopata National Reserve and Bahuaja-Sonene National Park
- 28 rooms, 6 suites.
- Rate includes all meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
The last leg of an eight month rtw which started in Japan, Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, Germany and Austria...details about our other legs are at www.greenleycoffeebreak.com.
We flew from Munich, Read more
This is a continuation of my report on the Argentina forum, Salta.
Below is a cut and paste from my blog, edited with details of costs and names of hotels for people who may be interested.
Its a long Read more
Heading for lovely Peru in April and looking for suggestions for the confusing Cusco area. Read more
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand. ... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more