- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
At a Glance
- nice rooms
- good programs
- less wildlife than other lodges
Tambopata Ecolodge Review
This lodge, about four hours south of Puerto Maldonado on the Tambopata River, has some of the region's most comfortable accommodations. Standard rooms in thatched duplexes lack electricity, but do have solar-powered hot water. Free-standing bungalow suites have electricity and offer much more privacy. All rooms have screened windows, mosquito nets, and porches with comfy hammocks in which to curl up at the end of a day of sightseeing on the lodge's 25 km (15½ mi) of trails. The minimum stay is two nights, and meals, guides, and daily excursions are included in the rate.
- Address: Tambopata River, 70 km (44 mi) southwest of, Puerto Maldonado | Map It
- Phone: 84/245–695; 82/571–397
- Website: www.tambopatalodge.com
- Location: Tambopata National Reserve and Bahuaja-Sonene National Park
- 28 rooms, 6 suites.
- Rate includes all meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Peru - August 24 to Sept 15
As always, I am so grateful for the reports, advice, and wealth of knowledge available
on this forum when I start my trip planning. Read more
The goals of this year’s South American safari were good weather and jaguar in the Pantanal and to explore ‘wild’ Peru in Manu, Tambopata and Chaparri Reserve. Read more
I would really appreciate opinions on the hike of Huayna Picchu vs Machu Picchu Mountain (the old peak - not the citadel, not the sun gate).
In my research I'm getting conflicting info.
Everyone Read more
· News & Features
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more