- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Museo Amazónico Review
This museum is dedicated to the region's rich indigenous culture, with a few faded paintings and "bronzed" fiberglass statues of local tribespeople made by plastering real people. One room is dedicated to work by local artists. The building itself, a former town hall constructed in 1863, is more attractive than the exhibits thanks to its ornately carved hardwoods and courtyard gardens.
- Address: Malecón Tarapacá 386, Iquitos
- Phone: 65/234–031
- Cost: Free
- Hours: Mon–Sat 9–1, 2–5
- Location: Iquitos
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Peru - August 24 to Sept 15
As always, I am so grateful for the reports, advice, and wealth of knowledge available
on this forum when I start my trip planning. Read more
The goals of this year’s South American safari were good weather and jaguar in the Pantanal and to explore ‘wild’ Peru in Manu, Tambopata and Chaparri Reserve. Read more
I would really appreciate opinions on the hike of Huayna Picchu vs Machu Picchu Mountain (the old peak - not the citadel, not the sun gate).
In my research I'm getting conflicting info.
Everyone Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more