- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Wasaí Maldonado Lodge
At a Glance
- jungle setting, airport pickup
- musty rooms
Check Rates from our Partners
Wasaí Maldonado Lodge Review
The Wasaí gives you that jungle-lodge feel right in town, a block from the Plaza de Armas. Bungalows on stilts are scattered amidst lush foliage on a hillside leading down from the lobby toward the pool and riverbank. The shady grounds overlook the Madre de Dios River and the massive bridge that spans it; while the thatched-roof, tornillo-wood bungalows make for a surprisingly cool place in an otherwise sweltering town. You can book any of various day trips, such as to Sandoval Lake, or head to their lodge on the Tambopata River for a couple of nights.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
The last leg of an eight month rtw which started in Japan, Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, Germany and Austria...details about our other legs are at www.greenleycoffeebreak.com.
We flew from Munich, Read more
This is a continuation of my report on the Argentina forum, Salta.
Below is a cut and paste from my blog, edited with details of costs and names of hotels for people who may be interested.
Its a long Read more
Heading for lovely Peru in April and looking for suggestions for the confusing Cusco area. Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more