- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Wasaí Maldonado Lodge
At a Glance
- jungle setting, airport pickup
- musty rooms
Check Rates from our Partners
Wasaí Maldonado Lodge Review
The Wasaí gives you that jungle-lodge feel right in town, a block from the Plaza de Armas. Bungalows on stilts are scattered amidst lush foliage on a hillside leading down from the lobby toward the pool and riverbank. The shady grounds overlook the Madre de Dios River and the massive bridge that spans it; while the thatched-roof, tornillo-wood bungalows make for a surprisingly cool place in an otherwise sweltering town. You can book any of various day trips, such as to Sandoval Lake, or head to their lodge on the Tambopata River for a couple of nights.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This is a continuation of my report on the Argentina forum, Salta.
Below is a cut and paste from my blog, edited with details of costs and names of hotels for people who may be interested.
Its a long Read more
I was planning this trip for a very long time. Read more
Trip planning is coming along and now am trying to pin down timeline and hoping those of you who have done the same will give more advice. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more