- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Sandoval Lake Lodge
At a Glance
- beautiful location
- screened rooms and restaurant
- lots of wildlife
- the boat-hike-boat access isn't for everyone
Check Rates from our Partners
Sandoval Lake Lodge Review
Despite its proximity to Puerto Maldonado, this lodge (owned by InkaNatura Travel) puts you in the midst of Amazonian nature. The lodge overlooks Lago Sandoval, an oxbow lake surrounded by aguaje palms inside the Tambopata Reserve. The palm fruit attracts macaws, parrots and monkeys, whereas the lake is home to rare giant otters. A stay includes excursions on the lake and into the surrounding forest with a bilingual naturalist guide. Small but comfortable rooms have private baths, hot water showers, fans, and electricity during certain hours. To get here, you take a 30-minute boat ride down the Madre de Dios River from Puerto Maldonado, hike two miles down a lovely forest trail, then get into a canoe for a 30-minute paddle across the lake. The minimum stay is two nights.
- Address: 14 km (9 mi) east of, Puerto Maldonado
- Phone: 1/203–5000
- Website: www.inkanatura.com
- Location: Tambopata National Reserve and Bahuaja-Sonene National Park
- 25 rooms.
- Rate includes all meals.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
The last leg of an eight month rtw which started in Japan, Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, Germany and Austria...details about our other legs are at www.greenleycoffeebreak.com.
We flew from Munich, Read more
This is a continuation of my report on the Argentina forum, Salta.
Below is a cut and paste from my blog, edited with details of costs and names of hotels for people who may be interested.
Its a long Read more
Heading for lovely Peru in April and looking for suggestions for the confusing Cusco area. Read more
· News & Features
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more