- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Sandoval Lake Lodge
At a Glance
- beautiful location
- screened rooms and restaurant
- lots of wildlife
- the boat-hike-boat access isn't for everyone
Check Rates from our Partners
Sandoval Lake Lodge Review
Despite its proximity to Puerto Maldonado, this lodge (owned by InkaNatura Travel) puts you in the midst of Amazonian nature. The lodge overlooks Lago Sandoval, an oxbow lake surrounded by aguaje palms inside the Tambopata Reserve. The palm fruit attracts macaws, parrots and monkeys, whereas the lake is home to rare giant otters. A stay includes excursions on the lake and into the surrounding forest with a bilingual naturalist guide. Small but comfortable rooms have private baths, hot water showers, fans, and electricity during certain hours. To get here, you take a 30-minute boat ride down the Madre de Dios River from Puerto Maldonado, hike two miles down a lovely forest trail, then get into a canoe for a 30-minute paddle across the lake. The minimum stay is two nights.
- Address: 14 km (9 mi) east of, Puerto Maldonado
- Phone: 1/203–5000
- Website: www.inkanatura.com
- Location: Tambopata National Reserve and Bahuaja-Sonene National Park
- 25 rooms.
- Rate includes all meals.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This is a continuation of my report on the Argentina forum, Salta.
Below is a cut and paste from my blog, edited with details of costs and names of hotels for people who may be interested.
Its a long Read more
I was planning this trip for a very long time. Read more
I'm aware many people have had problems trying to buy tickets to Machu Picchu on the government web site http://www.machupicchu.gob.pe/ including me.
Starting last weekend I made several attempts. At firs Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more