- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
At a Glance
- amenities in the jungle, great river views
- easy to reach
- less wildlife than other lodges
Check Rates from our Partners
Ceiba Tops Review
The most comfortable accommodations of any Amazon eco-lodge are found just 45 minutes downriver from Iquitos. After a jungle trek, you can plunge into the pool, take a nap in your air-conditioned room, or relax with a book in a hammock. It's a good option for people who want to see the Amazon without roughing it, but can also be combined with stays at Explorama's rustic lodges, which offer more exposure to nature. Hotel-like guest rooms have tile floors, tropical decor, and picture windows. The private reserve behind the hotel has a massive ceiba or kapok tree (hence the lodge's name). Excursions include a trip to a lake with giant lily pads and nearby Monkey Island. Buffet-style meals are served in a thatched, screened dining hall with a bar, gift shop, and Wi-Fi.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This is a continuation of my report on the Argentina forum, Salta.
Below is a cut and paste from my blog, edited with details of costs and names of hotels for people who may be interested.
Its a long Read more
I was planning this trip for a very long time. Read more
Trip planning is coming along and now am trying to pin down timeline and hoping those of you who have done the same will give more advice. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more