- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Heliconia Amazon River Lodge
At a Glance
- comfortable rooms
- Amazon River views
- less wildlife than other lodges
Check Rates from our Partners
Heliconia Amazon River Lodge Review
An hour and a half down the Amazon River from Iquitos, the Heliconia has some of the nicest facilities on the river. The lodge has a big thatched-roof dining hall, a conical bar building, and a blue-tiled pool. Guest rooms have screened windows, firm beds, and private bathrooms with hot-water showers; they also have electric power for an hour before dawn and four hours after dusk. Guided tours include a hike through the lodge's private reserve, a trip to a lake, piranha fishing, visits to Yagua and Bora communities, and a night-time boat ride. You may get a better rate if you book through the tour desk in the Victoria Regia Hotel in Iquitos.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This is a continuation of my report on the Argentina forum, Salta.
Below is a cut and paste from my blog, edited with details of costs and names of hotels for people who may be interested.
Its a long Read more
I was planning this trip for a very long time. Read more
I'm looking to spend 3 weeks in SA. Read more
· News & Features
For ample beach time, minus the party scene, Cabo San Lucas is a bustling enclave with a marina, lots... Read more
Author, conservationist, and TED Talk speaker Boyd Varty shares eight top places to visit in his native... Read more
This unattributed travel quote tells us why splurging on a trip is totally worth it.... Read more