The Amazon Basin Restaurants
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
The Amazon Basin Restaurant Reviews
You can dine out at restaurants only in Iquitos and Puerto Maldonado, the Amazon Basin's two main cities, and even they have limited choices. Your sole dining option is your lodge if you stay in the jungle. Meals are often served buffet-style at fixed times, with everyone seated around a big table, and you can swap stories with your fellow lodgers about what you saw on your day's excursion. The food, usually made of local ingredients, can be quite tasty.
Browse The Amazon Basin Restaurants
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's