The Amazon Basin Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Top Reasons to Go
The River: The Amazon is a natural choice for adventures, but it is best explored on an organized tour.
Wild Things: Peru's Amazon Basin has more than 50,000 plant, 1,700 bird, 400 mammal, and 300 reptile species. Bring binoculars.
Sport Fishing: Anglers can test their skills on dozens of river fish, including the feisty peacock bass.
Nature Lodges: Staying at a jungle lodge is almost obligatory when visiting the Amazon Basin if you really want to experience the jungle life surrounding you.
Cruising: An Amazon River cruise to Pacaya Samiria National Reserve is the most comfortable, though expensive, way to explore this vast wilderness.Updated: 06-2013
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's