- The River The Amazon is a natural choice for adventures, but it is best explored on an organized tour.
- Wild Things Peru's Amazon Basin has more than 50,000 plant, 1,700 bird, 400 mammal, and 300 reptile species. Bring binoculars.
- Sport Fishing Anglers can test their skills on dozens of river fish, including the feisty peacock bass.
- Nature Lodges Staying at a jungle lodge is almost obligatory when visiting the Amazon Basin if you really want to experience the jungle life surrounding you.
- Cruising An Amazon River cruise to Pacaya Samiria National Reserve is the most comfortable, though expensive, way to explore this vast wilderness.
Need trip ideas? Check out our curated collections of destinations around the globe.More