- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Museo de Sitio Manuel Chávez Ballón
Museo de Sitio Manuel Chávez Ballón Review
The museum, dedicated to the history, culture, and rediscovery of Machu Picchu, sits on the way up to the ruins about 2 km (1 mile) from the edge of town at the entrance to the national park. Hoofing it is the best way to get here. Plan on about a 30-minute walk. You'll get a bit more insight at the Casa Concha museum in Cusco, where the artifacts returned from Yale are being exhibited, but there are some interesting pieces on display here, some recovered as recently as 2004. Admission also includes entrance to a small but interesting botanical garden at the same site.
- Address: Puente de Ruinas, 2 km (1 mile) from Aguas Calientes, Aguas Calientes
- Phone: No phone
- Cost: S/22
- Hours: Daily 9–4
- Location: Aguas Calientes
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This is a continuation of my report on the Argentina forum, Salta.
Below is a cut and paste from my blog, edited with details of costs and names of hotels for people who may be interested.
Its a long Read more
I was planning this trip for a very long time. Read more
I will be spending a night in Lima at the end of my Peru trip. Read more
· News & Features
This year marks the hundredth anniversary of Machu Picchu's "discovery" by Yale University historia ... Read more
The Inca Trail is one of the world’s signature outdoor excursions.... Read more