- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Toto's House Review
The sister restaurant to Pueblo Viejo has long tables set up in the center of its cavernous dining room to accommodate tour groups who come for the huge buffet lunch (S/65). Grab one of the smaller tables with a river view by the window or out on the shaded front patio for some good people-watching. Evenings are more sedate—as is the case with the dining scene in most of the restaurants here—with grilled dishes like trucha andina (Andean trout), beef, or alpaca set to the entertainment of a folklore music show.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Peru - August 24 to Sept 15
As always, I am so grateful for the reports, advice, and wealth of knowledge available
on this forum when I start my trip planning. Read more
The goals of this year’s South American safari were good weather and jaguar in the Pantanal and to explore ‘wild’ Peru in Manu, Tambopata and Chaparri Reserve. Read more
This time we are really retiring!
Just got back from SEA and back at work and already planning our retirement trip next fall to South America.
Mid-sixties, active, healthy, husband speaks ok Spanish. Read more
· News & Features
This year marks the hundredth anniversary of Machu Picchu's "discovery" by Yale University historia... Read more
The Inca Trail is one of the world’s signature outdoor excursions.... Read more