- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Pueblo Viejo Review
Hearty food comes easy for this established restaurant. Everyone gathers around an open-fire grill in the middle of the restaurant, where cuts of beef, alpaca, lamb, and trout are prepared and served with the typical side dish of fries, rice, or potato. Future plans include a lunch buffet featuring typical dishes from the coast, the mountains, and the jungle. Live Andean music and a good wine menu keep this place hopping long after the last tour bus has left town.
- Address: Pachacutec s/n, Aguas Calientes
- Phone: 084/211–193
- Location: Aguas Calientes
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Peru - August 24 to Sept 15
As always, I am so grateful for the reports, advice, and wealth of knowledge available
on this forum when I start my trip planning. Read more
The goals of this year’s South American safari were good weather and jaguar in the Pantanal and to explore ‘wild’ Peru in Manu, Tambopata and Chaparri Reserve. Read more
This time we are really retiring!
Just got back from SEA and back at work and already planning our retirement trip next fall to South America.
Mid-sixties, active, healthy, husband speaks ok Spanish. Read more
· News & Features
This year marks the hundredth anniversary of Machu Picchu's "discovery" by Yale University historia... Read more
The Inca Trail is one of the world’s signature outdoor excursions.... Read more