- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Gringo Bill's Hostal
At a Glance
- cozy setting
- good place to meet other travelers
- friendly staff
- outdoor hot tub doesn't always work
- lots of stairs
- complaints of roof leaks
Check Rates from our Partners
Gringo Bill's Hostal Review
Bill has hosted Machu Picchu travelers since 1979, his was one of the first lodgings in town. Just off the Plaza de Armas, it features some of the finest stonework and lush gardens around. Once a budget option, competition has forced Bill to take his rooms—and rates—up a notch. Renovations include some larger rooms and suites. While it is not the cheapest of the fewer-frills options, it definitely has more character than most.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
The last leg of an eight month rtw which started in Japan, Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, Germany and Austria...details about our other legs are at www.greenleycoffeebreak.com.
We flew from Munich, Read more
This is a continuation of my report on the Argentina forum, Salta.
Below is a cut and paste from my blog, edited with details of costs and names of hotels for people who may be interested.
Its a long Read more
We are planning a trip to Peru in January 2013, mostly to see Machu Picchu. Read more
· News & Features
This year marks the hundredth anniversary of Machu Picchu's "discovery" by Yale University historia ... Read more
The Inca Trail is one of the world’s signature outdoor excursions.... Read more