- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Lima has many tour operators with experienced English-speaking guides for local and countrywide sightseeing. The most frequently recommended operator is Lima Vision, which offers various city tours as well as longer tours that combine the city with the pre-Inca site of Pachacámac. Condor Travel offers various city tours, including a gastronomic tour, and can arrange trips to Caral, the oldest city in the Americas. Solmartour has an array of Lima tours and day trips to the archaeological sites of Caral and Pachacámac. Ecocruceros offers half-day boat tours to the Islas Palomino—home to 4,000 sea lions—but it's a chilly excursion from May to December. Turibus and Mirabus offer some of Lima's most affordable city tours in roofless, double-decker buses. Turibus departs from the Larco Mar and Mirabus departs from Parque Kennedy, both in Miraflores. Energetic travelers can pedal their way past Lima's sights on a guided tour with Bike Tours of Lima.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe