- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Two types of buses—regular-size micros and the van-size combis—patrol the streets of Lima. Fares are cheap, usually S/1–S/2 for a ride, but don't expect a lot of comfort. Watch your belongings, as pickpockets and bag-slashers are sometimes a problem. A quicker and safer way to travel between Barranco, Miraflores, and El Centro is El Metropolitano, a modern bus that runs down the middle of the Paseo de la Republica to the underground Estación Central, in front of the Sheraton Lima Hotel. El Metropolitano runs from 6 am to 10 pm and each trip costs S/1.50, but it gets quite crowded during rush hour. The system uses rechargeable electronic cards that you can buy from a vending machine for S/5. Stations on Avenida Bolgnesia in Barranco and Avenida Benavides in Miraflores are walking distance from hotels, but the route is rather far from most San Isidro lodgings.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's