- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
While strolling through the ancient olive trees of Parque El Olívar, you might be surprised by the light traffic and pastoral ambiance. But just a few blocks away you'll find the busy boulevards of Camino Real, or Avenida Arequipa, which serve as reminders that San Isidro also holds the offices of the country's largest companies and banks, as well as most foreign embassies. It also has some of the city's best hotels and restaurants, so you are bound to spend some time. However, San Isidro's only real tourist attraction is the Huaca Huallamarca, where you can clamor atop the ruins of a pre-Columbian temple.
Like nearby Miraflores, San Isidro is big on shopping, though more of its boutiques sell designer goods. Its bars serve up the latest cocktails, and its restaurants dish out cuisine from around the world, but it has a more subdued atmosphere than you'll find in the other neighborhoods.
San Isidro at a Glance
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe