- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Central Restaurante Review
Hidden on a residential street a few blocks south of the Larcomar shopping center is one of Lima's hottest restaurants. The refurbished childhood home of chef Virgilio Martínez, it is now a chic, airy venue for his culinary talents. After years working in some of the best kitchens of Europe and Asia, Martínez returned to Peru to celebrate his country's biodiversity by creating memorable meals using fresh, often organic ingredients. He changes the menu every six months, but it always includes such local delicacies as paiche (an Amazon fish), scallops, suckling pig, and baby goat stewed overnight. This place is packed most nights.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Peru - August 24 to Sept 15
As always, I am so grateful for the reports, advice, and wealth of knowledge available
on this forum when I start my trip planning. Read more
The goals of this year’s South American safari were good weather and jaguar in the Pantanal and to explore ‘wild’ Peru in Manu, Tambopata and Chaparri Reserve. Read more
I would really appreciate opinions on the hike of Huayna Picchu vs Machu Picchu Mountain (the old peak - not the citadel, not the sun gate).
In my research I'm getting conflicting info.
Everyone Read more
· News & Features
The Caesars Entertainment and Starwood hotel groups have teamed up to offer reciprocal benefits across... Read more
In September, new boutique hotel 1888 landed in Sydney, with an unusual claim to fame: It's the world's... Read more
Come January, American Airlines will introduce brand-new premium Airbus A321 planes on its transcontinental... Read more