- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
La Pescaderia Review
This tastefully restored historic building on Barranco's busy Avenida Grau holds one of the city's newest cebicherías (restaurants specializing in seafood marinated in lime juice). Its spacious main dining room is the kind of clean, well-lighted place that might please Hemingway, whose photo hangs on the wall, posing next to a massive marlin. The menu combines seafood standards with a small selection of sushi and sashimi. If you prefer a hot meal, try the shrimp and asapragus risotto, salmon and ricotta ravioli, or a fish sudado (cooked in a spicy broth).
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1849 & up -- Machu Picchu: 8-Nt. Trek w/Inca Trail Hiking LatinEscapes.com
- $1709 & up -- Peru 6-Nts. w/Machu Picchu, Lima & Cusco Tours — $1,709 LatinEscapes.com
We went to Peru April 20-30 and really enjoyed our time there—the food, scenery, sights, and people all make the country an exceptional place to visit.
Peru Star Hotel- nice rooms and location, Read more
The history of our marriage is as unique as our honeymoon. Read more
· News & Features
Need we say more?... Read more
On the tip of Mexico's Baja Peninsula, sun-drenched Los Cabos draws in everyone from honeymooners and... Read more
Switzerland may be best known for its frosty summits, but the tiny-yet-diverse country opens up in summertime... Read more