- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
The name of this attractive eatery is a Quechua word for "mischievous child," which explains the decor of antique toys and eclectic art. It also refers to the playful variations on Peruvian cuisine, such as gnocchi served in a huancaina (spicy cheese) sauce, or panko-crusted prawns with a passion fruit–ginger-pisco sauce. Start with cream of artichoke soup with smoked trout and fennel, or grilled octopus in a tomato vinagrette atop mashed potatoes. Desserts are equally inventive; try pineapple picarones (fried dounuts) with fig syrup and coconut ice cream, or carob raisin cream pastries with an elderberry sauce.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Peru - August 24 to Sept 15
As always, I am so grateful for the reports, advice, and wealth of knowledge available
on this forum when I start my trip planning. Read more
The goals of this year’s South American safari were good weather and jaguar in the Pantanal and to explore ‘wild’ Peru in Manu, Tambopata and Chaparri Reserve. Read more
We received terrible service from Peru Best Tours perubesttours .com
Myself and 3 friends just finished our Peru itinerary with this travel agency.
So what went wrong?
This might be quite a unique story. Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more