- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Nestled behind a hedge of potted plants, this Peruvian fusion restaurant offers an excellent mix of light fare and irresistible desserts. There is an extensive salad selection, and the empanadas, with fillings such as ají de gallina (chicken in a creamy pepper sauce) and lomo saltado (beef sautéed with tomato and onion), are great. Share an order of causushis (cold mashed potato with various fillings), then sample the ravioli bachiche (in a spicy cream sauce), or arroz Tanta, similar to paella. Save room for a chocolúcuma (cream of the native lúcuma fruit encased in dark chocolate), or one of the other pastries.
- Address: Pasaje Escribanos 142, El Centro, Lima, 01
- Phone: 1/426-7796
- Location: El Centro
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun. dinner.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $177 -- Peru: Lima 4-Star Hotel w/Breakfast, 35% Off Westin Lima Hotel & Convention Center
- $1849 & up -- Machu Picchu: 8-Nt. Trek w/Inca Trail Hiking LatinEscapes.com
- $1709 & up -- Peru 6-Nts. w/Machu Picchu, Lima & Cusco Tours — $1,709 LatinEscapes.com
We went to Peru April 20-30 and really enjoyed our time there—the food, scenery, sights, and people all make the country an exceptional place to visit.
Peru Star Hotel- nice rooms and location, Read more
The history of our marriage is as unique as our honeymoon. Read more
· News & Features
Need we say more?... Read more
On the tip of Mexico's Baja Peninsula, sun-drenched Los Cabos draws in everyone from honeymooners and... Read more
Switzerland may be best known for its frosty summits, but the tiny-yet-diverse country opens up in summertime... Read more