- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Nestled behind a hedge of potted plants, this Peruvian fusion restaurant offers an excellent mix of light fare and irresistible desserts. There is an extensive salad selection, and the empanadas, with fillings such as ají de gallina (chicken in a creamy pepper sauce) and lomo saltado (beef sautéed with tomato and onion), are great. Share an order of causushis (cold mashed potato with various fillings), then sample the ravioli bachiche (in a spicy cream sauce), or arroz Tanta, similar to paella. Save room for a chocolúcuma (cream of the native lúcuma fruit encased in dark chocolate), or one of the other pastries.
- Address: Pasaje Escribanos 142, El Centro, Lima, 01
- Phone: 1/426–7796
- Location: El Centro
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun. dinner.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This is a continuation of my report on the Argentina forum, Salta.
Below is a cut and paste from my blog, edited with details of costs and names of hotels for people who may be interested.
Its a long Read more
I was planning this trip for a very long time. Read more
I'm aware many people have had problems trying to buy tickets to Machu Picchu on the government web site http://www.machupicchu.gob.pe/ including me.
Starting last weekend I made several attempts. At firs Read more