- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Nestled behind a hedge of potted plants, this Peruvian fusion restaurant offers an excellent mix of light fare and irresistible desserts. There is an extensive salad selection, and the empanadas, with fillings such as ají de gallina (chicken in a creamy pepper sauce) and lomo saltado (beef sautéed with tomato and onion), are great. Share an order of causushis (cold mashed potato with various fillings), then sample the ravioli bachiche (in a spicy cream sauce), or arroz Tanta, similar to paella. Save room for a chocolúcuma (cream of the native lúcuma fruit encased in dark chocolate), or one of the other pastries.
- Address: Pasaje Escribanos 142, El Centro, Lima, 01
- Phone: 1/426–7796
- Location: El Centro
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun. dinner.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I recently went on a 12 day "Kaleidoscope" tour of Peru and highly recommend. Read more
This is a continuation of my report on the Argentina forum, Salta.
Below is a cut and paste from my blog, edited with details of costs and names of hotels for people who may be interested.
Its a long Read more
I'm looking to spend 3 weeks in SA. Read more
· News & Features
For ample beach time, minus the party scene, Cabo San Lucas is a bustling enclave with a marina, lots... Read more
Author, conservationist, and TED Talk speaker Boyd Varty shares eight top places to visit in his native... Read more
This unattributed travel quote tells us why splurging on a trip is totally worth it.... Read more