- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Lima 27 Review
There's no sign on this dark grey mansion, and at night the somber edifice with a bright red foyer looks like Dracula's love shack. Step inside and veer right, and you enter a hip little lounge. To the left is a large dining room decorated with original art, though the nicest seating is on the terrace, backed by a brick wall draped with greenery. The food is Peruvian fusion: creative variations on Lima standards and local interpretations of continental cuisine. The results include risotto de camarones (river prawn risotto), cabrito lechón (roast goat), atún sellado (seared tuna steak in a sesame and pepper crust), and gnocchis crocantes (crispy gnocchi smothered in a mushroom and artichoke heart ragout).
- Address: Calle Santa Luisa 295, San Isidro, Lima, 27
- Phone: 1/421-9084
- Location: San Isidro
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- No dinner Sun.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1527 & up -- Machu Picchu: 8-Nt. Trek w/Inca Trail Hiking LatinEscapes.com
- $1387 & up -- Peru 6-Nts. w/Machu Picchu, Lima & Cusco Tours — $1,387 LatinEscapes.com
We went to Peru April 20-30 and really enjoyed our time there—the food, scenery, sights, and people all make the country an exceptional place to visit.
Peru Star Hotel- nice rooms and location, Read more
The history of our marriage is as unique as our honeymoon. Read more
We are looking for a 4 or max 5 day tour of the Amazon. Read more
· News & Features
From the steamed cider aromas that hit you in the lobby to the local ingredients served in the restaurant,... Read more
You might not expect to find yourself amongst wine grapes a mere 75 miles outside of New York City.... Read more
Summertime is practically synonymous with road trips.... Read more