- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Chez Philippe Review
Though French often connotes fancy, this laid-back restaurant is all about enjoying hearty food at comfortable prices. You enter through a small shop that sells fresh breads and homemade paté to a dining room that evokes a country home, or a popular covered terrace edged with greenery and stacked wood for the oven. The owner is from Alsace, so in addition to French standards such as duck in orange sauce and chicken cordon bleu, he offers choucroute (homemade sauerkraut with sausages and pork). Another house specialty is trucha al horno (baked trout). The place also serves excellent pizza, and has a large selection of European beers.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1849 & up -- Machu Picchu: 8-Nt. Trek w/Inca Trail Hiking LatinEscapes.com
- $1709 & up -- Peru 6-Nts. w/Machu Picchu, Lima & Cusco Tours — $1,709 LatinEscapes.com
We went to Peru April 20-30 and really enjoyed our time there—the food, scenery, sights, and people all make the country an exceptional place to visit.
Peru Star Hotel- nice rooms and location, Read more
The history of our marriage is as unique as our honeymoon. Read more
· News & Features
Need we say more?... Read more
On the tip of Mexico's Baja Peninsula, sun-drenched Los Cabos draws in everyone from honeymooners and... Read more
Switzerland may be best known for its frosty summits, but the tiny-yet-diverse country opens up in summertime... Read more