- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
L'eau Vive Review
Calling to mind The Sound of Music, the nuns that run this restaurant sing "Ave Maria" every night around 9. The sisters cook French food that, while not extraordinary, is satisfying. Trout baked in cognac and duck in orange sauce are two dishes that bring the locals back. Inexpensive three-course lunch specials pack the dining rooms with workers from nearby offices at 2 pm. In a restored mansion directly across from Palacio Torre Tagle, the restaurant is worth a visit just for a peek inside. Unfortunately, the floors and furnishings don't do justice to the glorious architecture.
- Address: Ucayali 370, El Centro, Lima, 01
- Phone: 1/427–5612
- Location: El Centro
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed 3:30–7:30 and Sun.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This is a continuation of my report on the Argentina forum, Salta.
Below is a cut and paste from my blog, edited with details of costs and names of hotels for people who may be interested.
Its a long Read more
I was planning this trip for a very long time. Read more
I will be spending a night in Lima at the end of my Peru trip. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more