- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Gran Hotel Bolívar
At a Glance
- historic atmosphere
- convenient location
- good value
- Rooms are a bit threadbare
- Wi-Fi works only in some rooms
Check Rates from our Partners
Gran Hotel Bolívar Review
Tastes may have changed since 1924, but this grande dame retains the grandeur of the days when guests included Ernest Hemingway. As you enter the marble-columned rotunda, your eyes are drawn upward to the magnificent stained-glass dome. Off to one side is the wood-paneled bar, which remains as popular as ever. The tables on the terrace are the perfect place to enjoy a pisco sour or a meal. The rooms are spacious, but some are a bit dog-eared. The hotel lacks some comforts and services, but the location is optimal, and the rates are quite reasonable. Be sure to pay the extra $10 for a suite in front for an unforgettable view of Plaza San Martín.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This is a continuation of my report on the Argentina forum, Salta.
Below is a cut and paste from my blog, edited with details of costs and names of hotels for people who may be interested.
Its a long Read more
I was planning this trip for a very long time. Read more
I will be spending a night in Lima at the end of my Peru trip. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more