- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Estación de Desamparados
Estación de Desamparados Review
Inaugurated in 1912, Desamparados Station was the centerpiece for the continent's first railway, which stretches from the port of Callao to the Andean city of Huancayo. The station was named for a Jesuit church and monastery that stood next door at the time of its construction, but has since been demolished. It now holds the Casa de la Literature Peruana (House of Peruvian Literature), which hosts literary exhibitions. It's well worth stepping inside to admire the building's elegant Art Nouveau interior, especially the stained-glass skylight.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This is a continuation of my report on the Argentina forum, Salta.
Below is a cut and paste from my blog, edited with details of costs and names of hotels for people who may be interested.
Its a long Read more
I was planning this trip for a very long time. Read more
I'm aware many people have had problems trying to buy tickets to Machu Picchu on the government web site http://www.machupicchu.gob.pe/ including me.
Starting last weekend I made several attempts. At firs Read more