- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Cerro San Cristóbal
Cerro San Cristóbal Review
Rising over the northeastern edge of the city is this massive hill, recognizable from the cross at its peak—a replica of the one once placed there by Pizarro. On a clear day—more common during the southern summer—you can see most of the city below. The neighborhood at the base of the hill is sketchy, so hire a taxi to take you to the summit and back. At this writing, a new aerial tram is being built.
- Address: Calle San Cristóbal, El Centro, Lima, 01
- Location: El Centro
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1849 & up -- Machu Picchu: 8-Nt. Trek w/Inca Trail Hiking LatinEscapes.com
- $1709 & up -- Peru 6-Nts. w/Machu Picchu, Lima & Cusco Tours — $1,709 LatinEscapes.com
We went to Peru April 20-30 and really enjoyed our time there—the food, scenery, sights, and people all make the country an exceptional place to visit.
Peru Star Hotel- nice rooms and location, Read more
The history of our marriage is as unique as our honeymoon. Read more