- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Huaca Pucllana Review
Rising out of a nondescript residential neighborhood is this mud-brick pyramid. You'll be amazed at the scale—this pre-Inca huaca, or temple, covers several city blocks. The site, which dates back to at least the fourth century, has ongoing excavations, and new discoveries are often announced. A tiny museum highlights some of the finds. Knowledgeable guides, some of whom speak English, will lead you around and over the pyramid to the area that is being excavated. This site is most beautiful at night, when partial tours can be arranged through the adjacent Huaca Pucllana restaurant if you dine there.
- Address: Calle General Borgoño at Ayacucho, Miraflores, Lima, 18 | Map It
- Phone: 1/617–7167
- Cost: S/10
- Hours: Wed.–Mon. 9–4:30
- Website: www.mirafloresperu.com/huacapucllana/huaca_pucllana.htm
- Location: Miraflores
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
The last leg of an eight month rtw which started in Japan, Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, Germany and Austria...details about our other legs are at www.greenleycoffeebreak.com.
We flew from Munich, Read more
This is a continuation of my report on the Argentina forum, Salta.
Below is a cut and paste from my blog, edited with details of costs and names of hotels for people who may be interested.
Its a long Read more
Heading for lovely Peru in April and looking for suggestions for the confusing Cusco area. Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more