- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Astrid y Gaston
Astrid y Gaston Review
The flagship of Peru's most celebrated chefs (Gastón Acurio and his wife Astrid Gutsche), this popular restaurant serves inventive variations on traditional Peruvian cuisine. Acurio is a master of both flavor and presentation. You can't help but watch the kitchen door—each dish the waiters carry out is a work of art. Even a Peruvian standard such as lomo saltado (tenderloin slices sautéed with tomato, onions, and ají peppers) gains a new personality here. The menu changes every six months, but is invariably original and delectable. The place has one of the best wine lists in town. Reserve two weeks ahead of time, or arrive early and eat in the bar.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This is a continuation of my report on the Argentina forum, Salta.
Below is a cut and paste from my blog, edited with details of costs and names of hotels for people who may be interested.
Its a long Read more
I was planning this trip for a very long time. Read more
I will be spending a night in Lima at the end of my Peru trip. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more