- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Los Vitrales de Gemma
Los Vitrales de Gemma Review
Tucked into the courtyard of a colonial-style building, this may be the prettiest restaurant in the historic district. Tables covered with peach-color linens are set along a colonnade, under stained-glass windows or beneath a soaring dome. The food is a notch below the ambiance, but decent. In addition to the inexpensive lunch specials, the kitchen offers such options as lomo saltado (beef strips sautéed with onions, peppers, and tomato), and pescado en salsa langostinos (fish in shrimp sauce).
- Address: Jr. Ucayali 332, El Centro, Lima, 01
- Phone: 1/426–7796
- Location: El Centro
- Credit cards accepted.
- No dinner. Closed Sun.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This is a continuation of my report on the Argentina forum, Salta.
Below is a cut and paste from my blog, edited with details of costs and names of hotels for people who may be interested.
Its a long Read more
I was planning this trip for a very long time. Read more
I'm aware many people have had problems trying to buy tickets to Machu Picchu on the government web site http://www.machupicchu.gob.pe/ including me.
Starting last weekend I made several attempts. At firs Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more